Active component: Gestrinone
Chemical Name: (17α)-13-ethyl-17-hydroxy-18, 19-dinorpregna-4,9,11-trien-20-yn-3-one
[Usage and dosage]
Take 2.5mg each time orally (one capsule), twice a week. Initial administration should be taken on the first day of menstruation and another 2.5mg on the fourth day. The administration dates should be fixed on the same dates of first week during the whole course. If one administration is left out, take 2.5mg immediately. (For example, take the drug every Monday and Thursday. The administration on Monday is forgotten, intake on Tuesday or Wednesday immediately, and take the drug as scheduled on Thursday. The administration dates of following courses are still Monday and Thursday.) If the administration is missed for several times, therapy of this cycle should be stopped. The next administration period should start again from the first day of next menstruation. The whole course is 6 months.
1. Exclude the possibility of pregnancy before starting therapy.
2. Take effective measures for contraception during the whole course. (Oral contraceptives are contraindicated). Stop the therapy immediately as soon as the pregnancy is confirmed.
3. Because this product may cause fluid retention, the patient who is renal or cardiac insufficient should be observed carefully.
4. The patients with hyperlipemia should monitoring ALAT, ASAT, cholesterol, etc. The patients with diabetes should monitor blood sugar.
5. The metabolism of gestrinone will be accelerated when rifampicin or antiepileptic are used at the same time.