· On average, women live six to eight years longer than men globally.
· In 2007, womens life expectancy at birth was more than 80 years in 35 countries, but only 54 years in the WHO African Region.
· Girls are far more likely than boys to suffer sexual abuse.
· Road traffic injuries are the leading cause of death among adolescent girls in high- and middle-income countries.
· Essentially all (99%) of the half a million maternal deaths every year occur in developing countries.
· Breast cancer is the leading cancer killer among women aged 20–59 years in high-income countries.
· Globally, cardiovascular disease, often thought to be a "male" problem, is the leading killer of women.www.umelady.com